Welcome to the Ex-Official Blog of Writer, Presenter & Crafts Expert Momtaz Begum-Hossain which stopped being active on 31st August 2016.

For more regular updates follow Momtaz on Twitter: @TheCraftCafe Instagram: @The_CraftCafe Vine: @TheCraftCafe Periscope: @TheCraftCafe Snapchat: Momtazbh

For workshop bookings, writing commissions, presenting jobs, craft project designs, or any kind of enquiry email contact@momtazbh.co.uk

Momtaz's NEW BLOG is www.craftandtravel.com








Monday 21 December 2009

In the mood for Christmas

The great thing about not actually celebrating Christmas is that I don't have to worry about sending gifts! I send a handful of cards to 'work contacts' but I don't have to worry about sending them to friends and family! Admittedly I celebrate Eid instead and as there are two of those a year it's actually double the gifts.....

It's really exciting seeing everyone else getting prepared though and I love looking into people's lovely decorated front windows. And I'm a big sucker for fairy lights too, I like to use them all year round.

Last year I did the 'Christmas Market' in Greenwich selling handmade crafts. But this year I couldn't face being outdoors all day so I've been doing 'indoor' markets instead!


My favourite stall at the Sunday afternoon Wonderland Fayre at Bethnal Green Working Me's College was"Now Voyager" who came all the way from Southend. The girls have just started out and it was their first ever market stall. Their website is still under construction but they also have a shop if you're visiting their neck of the woods anytime soon. I treated myself to their magificent 'Robin Fascinator'. Perfect for the party season!



My friends Tony, Shohid and Aiyaz popped into to say hi and enjoyed the live music, mince pies, mulled wine and sushi on offer.


Although it was fairly quiet, I managed to sell lots of things and now have very little stock left so it's time to design some new things for 2010! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment