Welcome to the Ex-Official Blog of Writer, Presenter & Crafts Expert Momtaz Begum-Hossain which stopped being active on 31st August 2016.

For more regular updates follow Momtaz on Twitter: @TheCraftCafe Instagram: @The_CraftCafe Vine: @TheCraftCafe Periscope: @TheCraftCafe Snapchat: Momtazbh

For workshop bookings, writing commissions, presenting jobs, craft project designs, or any kind of enquiry email contact@momtazbh.co.uk

Momtaz's NEW BLOG is www.craftandtravel.com








Thursday 5 July 2012

My London 2012 Festival Video Diaries (the first two!)

Over the next 12 weeks I've been selected to keep a video diary of some of the fantastic events happening in the capital to celebrate the Olympics! There are thousands of events going on all over the UK - but I'll just be going to ones in my home town.
The vast majority are free - anyone can go to them, you just turn up! Some are ticketed and some are paid for but mostly I'll be watching the free stuff!
Arts Council London have given me a video camera and all I need to do is video my reactions to what I've seen and then they edit them down and host them on their Tumblr site.
There are 12 of us video bloggers or (vloggers) as I like to say, and most days the Tumblr site gets updated with the latest things we've seen. There are some great videos up there at the moment, including a 9-year-old girl who went to see an exhibition about fashion and a chap who went to the Southbank's Poetry Parnassus event (which I'm so sad I didn't get to see).

I've recorded 2 vlogs so far. I haven't worked out how to embed them in my blog yet so here's a couple of links. Both were free outdoor performances I saw as part of the Greenwich & Docklands International Festival.
 Closing Night: La Voyage Des Aquareves in Woolwich Town Centre (click on this link!)


Opening Night: Prometheus Awakes (link for my 1st blog - warning it's a bit dark!)




I hope you'll watch them - I'll keep posting the next ones on here too.


I'm really excited about it, but the downside is that I'm going to be so busy going out and about this summer that I won't have as much time to write my normal blog. On the plus side though I've always wanted to make vlogs and now's my opportunity!


Check out the London 2012 Festival brochure for all the events that are going on and if you see anything fab, I'd love to know about it!







 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment