Welcome to the Ex-Official Blog of Writer, Presenter & Crafts Expert Momtaz Begum-Hossain which stopped being active on 31st August 2016.

For more regular updates follow Momtaz on Twitter: @TheCraftCafe Instagram: @The_CraftCafe Vine: @TheCraftCafe Periscope: @TheCraftCafe Snapchat: Momtazbh

For workshop bookings, writing commissions, presenting jobs, craft project designs, or any kind of enquiry email contact@momtazbh.co.uk

Momtaz's NEW BLOG is www.craftandtravel.com








Saturday 29 December 2012

Goodbye 2012, Hello 2013

I've heard so many people say 'wow, this year's gone by so quickly'. 
But for me, 2012 has felt like the longest year ever. The never ending year that went on and on with increasing levels of work and deadlines to meet. It's had it's fair share of highs and lows, moments I would like to forget and ones that I will remember for the rest of my life. Cliched as it may sound, the London 2012 Olympics was one of the most exciting times I've ever lived through. I feel so lucky that I saw it all happen in my local area and made the most of it by experiencing as much as I could; from the arts and entertainment of the London 2012 Festival to witnessing Olympic history: being there for the 1st ever women's boxing match.
I don't have any expectations of 2013 and no 'resolution' has captured my mind (yet?).  
I'm starting the year, with an open mind, open to ideas, opportunities, new friends, unexpected experiences, visiting different places. Perhaps I'll fulfill one of my ambitions. Perhaps I won't. Fingers crossed I'll achieve more than one.

Happy New Year x


These images were taken at The Southbank Centre over the summer at an installation called Rainbow Park by Polish sculptor Adam Kalonowski and appeared as part of their Festival of the World season.

No comments:

Post a Comment