Welcome to the Ex-Official Blog of Writer, Presenter & Crafts Expert Momtaz Begum-Hossain which stopped being active on 31st August 2016.

For more regular updates follow Momtaz on Twitter: @TheCraftCafe Instagram: @The_CraftCafe Vine: @TheCraftCafe Periscope: @TheCraftCafe Snapchat: Momtazbh

For workshop bookings, writing commissions, presenting jobs, craft project designs, or any kind of enquiry email contact@momtazbh.co.uk

Momtaz's NEW BLOG is www.craftandtravel.com








Tuesday 4 June 2013

Quick crafting: Ladybird Shoes

Everyone should own a pair of red shoes. 
I got my first pair when I was a baby. 
When I was seven, I slipped over in a pair and ended up in hospital, and missing weeks off school. My last pair were worn to death until every last bit of the sole had withered away. Sad times - they were very comfortable.
So I recently bought a new pair..only thing was they were a bit too ordinary looking, so I grabbed a black permanent marker pen and drew spots all over them.
I wasn't keen on the bows so I snipped them off, they were easy enough to remove, just held on by a few stitches.
Of course I couldn't leave them like that and they were obviously screaming out ladybird!
I made some from craft foam and glued them to the fronts. (Each piece is double-backed to make them strong).
 Then I wore them to the park.

All in all it took around 10 minutes and they make me feel happy.




2 comments:

  1. Nothing scream happiness more than these gorgeous red.shoes. I WANT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! That is such a nice thing to say. I have been wearing them alot, lost one eye buy thinking of replacing with a patch!

    ReplyDelete