I came up with this concept to make your own version - participants made 'heart shaped' versions to keep with the Valentines theme but I stuck to having my own leaf frame just because I'm so in love with the original.
To make one, you will need:
- Stiff Card
- Black poster paint
- PVA glue
- Thick gold and pearly glitter (looks more like shreds rather than ordinary glitter)
- Mirror card
2. Then cut a rectangle of card so you have two pieces of card in total.
On this smaller piece draw a window in the centre, either a square or oval like mine, large enough to fit your photo in and cut the centre piece out.
3. Draw an edge around the main frame and along the edge of the centre frame and paint these black.
4. Time to get messy. Work on the two pieces separately, coat them in thick glue and then pour on the glitter - get a full coverage by pressing the glitter into place with your fingers.
5. Cut out some shapes from mirror cards and stick these on randomly.
6. Finish with some more detail in black paint.
Voila, your own antique Edwardian frame, perfect gift for a Valentines gift, maybe for someone in your family. My frame has a very old family photo in it!